Monday, February 28, 2011

Double Digits

So the countdown is now officially in double digits which is super exciting. I'm starting to realize how soon my start date is which has me feeling a bit panicked. I'm definitely worried I won't have as much money as I like saved up but luckily I got a second job last week so hopefully I can save up a lot of money during the next few months.

Not much new to report. I still haven't gone to get my police check (I've been so lazy on my days off) but am definitely going to go on Wednesday since I want it sent in before March Break starts at work. I also found out I need to go talk to someone about my health card and making sure I don't lose any of my lovely Canadian health benefits when I come back from Disney. There are so many little things that I never really thought about doing the ICP that now I need to think about. In more exciting news, I found out some girls I worked with last summer in the Backlands are going to be coming back to do another program at Disney so I will know some familiar faces down there.

Besides that I've just been searching for and reading as many CRP blogs as I can, especially ones that deal with working food and beverage. I went for a job interview with Boston Pizza last week and the manager told me he didn't see me as a server which has made me a bit nervous since that is what I will be doing eventually during my program. I have very little food experience except for the five times I worked Writer's Stop this summer during my ICP and working Cafe at Science North so this is definitely going to be a challenging and new experience for me. At least I start off in the popcorn cart which I have lots of experience doing from working Cafe. Tomorrow the restaurant I will be working in turns into a signature dining experience so I'm really curious to hear about the changes that are going to happen. I will be definitely checking some of my favourite Disney news web sites tomorrow :).

No comments:

Post a Comment