Friday, June 10, 2011

So happy to be back

I am so happy to be back in Orlando, it feels like I never left. I will give you a quick recap of the past few days since I need to head to bed soon since I have to get up at 6 tomorrow for Traditions (first paid day of work yay!).

Tuesday: Left for the airport at 7am and there was no lines so I took a little extra time with my family. I was doing good and not crying until I saw my mom crying and then it started. I made it through customs in like 20 minutes and had no issues. The guy I had was so nice and we just chatted and joked around. Then I had like 90 minutes to wait until I could board which sucked. Finally we were allowed to board and I ended up with the whole row to myself, score! My luggage took a bit but then I ended up getting a shuttle within 15 minutes and was the first stop too. This never happens so I was really happy. I checked into housing and had the nicest girl check me in. She wanted a photo after of me and her which was interesting. After that Cathy drove me to the Commons and I moved into my apartment. I really lucked out and got a 2 bedroom that was going to be all new people so I had dibs on the bedroom I would choose. I picked the one with the biggest closet since I had brought way too many clothes (both suitcases were overweight but West Jet was super cool again and only charged me one overweight fee). Also another awesome thing is unless 2 of my roommates decide to go home, I will not have to move once during my program since we all have the same start and end dates. I don't know how I have so much luck when it comes to Disney housing but I love it! My roommates are awesome. I am living with a girl from Mexico, Botswana, and England. We are all food and beverage too which is awesome. After texting some people from my arrival group, we met up and did the Walmart trip. I had so much to buy since I had pretty much nothing but a few toiletries. After that was done we went to the outlets and had dinner at Subway and then we all went to unpack and set our apartments up. Also, my apartment is in an awesome location. I'm right by the pool, gym and bus stop. Like literally not even a 5 minute walk. And in my backyard is Mickey's Retreat. I really lucked out again.

Wednesday: We had to be at the Clubhouse for around 10 for some orientation sessions. Basically info about housing and some of the rules aka how not to get termed. Same stuff I heard before but luckily it went by pretty fast. After that we had a little break so we went to Subway again and then boarded a bus to Vista to filling out some forms. We then went to the pool for a bit and decided to check out Downtown Disney before going to the Vista Way pool party. I've never been to a housing event besides graduation so it was really cool to check out. Plus we got free food and got to meet Minnie and Goofy. I also ran into some friends from the ICP last summer which was awesome. We found out that afternoon we had our thrown in that night. I was a little bit nervous for it but it was so much fun. Any Canadians who are reading this who are coming down: you will love it! I can't say more than that but it's amazing. The Canadians are really nice and awesome. I was planning to go to bed after the throw in since I was exhausted but then I ended up staying out until like 5:30am. And I had to get up at 7:30am so Thursday was rough.

Thursday: We had immigration sessions and paperwork which was super boring. But they seemed to speed through it. Honestly they have cut down on the time of these sessions. Half of the paperwork they sent us to do before arriving. I'm glad they did that since those mornings are so boring. After that we had nothing to do until 4 when we had to collect our passports and paperwork from the office so we decided to go eat at Applebees. They opened up down the road from Little Lake Bryan which is awesome. I love this area since there are so many places you can walk and go get something to eat from. A few of us made plans to go see the Hangover 2 that evening which was super fun. I liked the first one better but it was a nice evening out since we aren't allowed in the parks until Traditions. They renovated the movie theatre at downtown Disney and it is super nice now. Really comfy chairs and there's even theatres where you can have a waiter bring you food!

Friday: I had today off and got to sleep in until 11:30 which felt amazing. My bed is super uncomfortable though. I wake up in pain every morning so I will be investing in one of those foam mattress things asap. Did some grocery shopping at Publix since I had no food, then we went to the pool for a bit and I am super burnt now. But at least I have started on my tan. After that we made plans to go to this italian restaurant. Tomorrow I have Traditions and it's 8 1/2 hours so it will be a long day. For my ICP, I only had like 4. Then I can finally go into the parks. I hate being in town and not being able to go. Also I get my work schedule tomorrow so I will know what is happening the next few days. Hopefully I will be able to post again on Monday or something. Tomorrow and Sunday will be busy days and I doubt I will be home much.

2 comments:

  1. So jealous! Still, only few weeks till i'm there :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you :). I am thinking about applying for DCL once this contract is up so I will be definitely reading your blog, have fun!

    ReplyDelete