Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ten Weeks Left in Canada

Can't believe I only have ten weeks left at home. There is so much I need to get done. I did get some stuff done on my to do list during the past few weeks so that is good. 

Went to Service Ontario to get my health card renewed since it expires on my birthday and asked them what I needed to do since I was leaving the country for a year ( you have to be in the country for like 152 days to maintain your coverage). The lady told me I just need to bring a letter to them a few days before leaving explaining that I have a job for a year, and they will stop my coverage and restart it on my first day back after my contract is done.

Filed my American and Canadian income tax. My Canadian income tax ended up being the exact amount I wanted saved up for Florida so I am feeling a lot better about money. I did start working my second job but I am thinking of giving my notice soon. I had a major freak out a few nights ago about how little time I have left and about not getting everything done. I will probably just work at the science centre for the month of May so I have time to do everything and spend time with my family and friends.

Got all my doctor/eye doctor/dentist appointments booked so I can get those once a year check-ups out of the way.  Need to go clothes shopping soon to find some more bathing suits. I went and looked a few weeks ago but they had nothing. I did get some flip flops though so it wasn't a bad shopping trip. I get my March Break paycheck on Friday so next week I will hopefully be purchasing my health insurance. After that all that is really left is paying my program fee and waiting for Yummy Jobs to send me my visa. Both of those things probably won't happen until late April/early May.

In more exciting news, I have some friends from home planning a visit out to Florida in October which is super exciting. For both of them it will be their first Disney experience so I can't wait to show them around what has really become my second home. In August, my roommate from this past summer is coming to visit which will be so much fun. I really love having people come to visit me when I'm in Florida.  Well that's about it for now. Sorry for the late delay in writing, things were pretty crazy with March Break and doing everything I needed to get done after March Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment